Came across a list of things that I did last summer, when I was sifting through my old stuff. Some of the really cool things that I did for the Summer of 2011 – One of the best summers of my life!
1. Interned at Desire2Learn as a Product Designer in the User Experience team. Worked on 6 awesome projects, one of the projects, an accessibility focused Color Picker tool was even featured in a magazine
2. Donated blood for the first time
3. Sponsored a child via World Vision. Received a hand written letter from my Sponsee. Isn’t he awesome?
4. Attended 2 conferences
a. CUTC – Canadian Undegraduate technology Conference: This was the first real conference I had attended in my life. This quite important because, it eventually led me to join TEDxUW
b. SHEN – Spiritual conference: Surprisingly a very interesting conference where I learned a great deal about spirituality
6. Ran 10km twice. My previous best run distance was 8 km, so I was really psyched about this milestone
7. Read five novels, two non fiction and wrote four blog posts
8. Chilled and vacationed in Florida with 20+ family and friends. My first time in the United States and one of the most intense vacations of my life
9. Ranked number 3 in Desire2Learn’s ping pong company ladder. One of the things that I really loved about Desire2Learn!
10. Inspired 3 people. One of the reasons I started this blog was to inspire people and was really glad to hear from folks who read my blog and started doing awesome stuff themselves
11. Finally, the one that I was most excited and proud about – Joining TEDxUW as the Marketing Director, to bring the first ever TED like conference to the University of Waterloo
That’s my Summer of 2011, Imagine 2012!