My 2011 Summer Adventures
Came across a list of things that I did last summer, when I was sifting through my old stuff. Some of the really cool things that I did for the Summer of 2011 – One of the best summers of my life!
1. Interned at Desire2Learn as a Product Designer in the User Experience team. Worked on 6 awesome projects, one of the projects, an accessibility focused Color Picker tool was even featured in a magazine
2. Donated blood for the first time
3. Sponsored a child via World Vision. Received a hand written letter from my Sponsee. Isn’t he awesome?
4. Attended 2 conferences
a. CUTC – Canadian Undegraduate technology Conference: This was the first real conference I had attended in my life. This quite important because, it eventually led me to join TEDxUW
b. SHEN – Spiritual conference: Surprisingly a very interesting conference where I learned a great deal about spirituality
5. Hiked in Tobermory, swam in 8 degrees water and canoed in Wiarton, Tubed in elora and chilled in sauble beach and fought in a real life war simulation
6. Ran 10km twice. My previous best run distance was 8 km, so I was really psyched about this milestone
7. Read five novels, two non fiction and wrote four blog posts
8. Chilled and vacationed in Florida with 20+ family and friends. My first time in the United States and one of the most intense vacations of my life
9. Ranked number 3 in Desire2Learn’s ping pong company ladder. One of the things that I really loved about Desire2Learn!
10. Inspired 3 people. One of the reasons I started this blog was to inspire people and was really glad to hear from folks who read my blog and started doing awesome stuff themselves
11. Finally, the one that I was most excited and proud about – Joining TEDxUW as the Marketing Director, to bring the first ever TED like conference to the University of Waterloo
That’s my Summer of 2011, Imagine 2012!
Maria MouraMay 31, 2012
wanted to thank you for this great read!! i am definitely enjoying every little bit of it i have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post.